Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Pay Attention. There's a Test at the End.

I'm bored at work, so I thought I'd fill out one of these little questionnaire thingies. This one came from Edie. Thanks, Superstar. - J.

1. What time did you get up this morning? 6 something. I can't be more specific, because my clock is unplugged.

2. Diamonds or pearls? I'm actually more of a pearl man these days. Probably a side effect of my obsession with Parker Posey's character in "The House of Yes". Plus, Katy Bowman is notorious for her pearls, and Katy does no wrong.

3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? The last movie I saw at the cinema? I guess a European put this one together. Anyway...I think it was "Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events."

4. What are your favorite TV shows? South Park, The Simpsons, X-Files re-runs, Strangers With Candy, etc.

5. What did you have for breakfast? Nothing yet. Probably a sandwich later.

6. What is your middle name? Michael (say it with an Irish accent: Moikel)

7. What is your favorite cuisine? Open-faced roast beef sandwiches on thick Texas Toast

8. What foods do you dislike? I used to hate beef stroganoff, but then my mom figured out how to make it a little better.

9. Your favorite Potato chip? Salsa Doritos.

10. What is your favorite CD at the moment? A CD of my buddy Mike Lujan's music

11. What kind of car do you drive? Pontiac Firebird

12. Favorite sandwich? See #7

13. What characteristics do you despise? Dishonesty. Disloyalty. Flakiness. Mediocrity.

14. Favorite item of clothing? My long-sleeved navy blue Hard Rock Cafe Hollywood shirt. I call it "Old Reliable"

15. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would it be? I'd go to Dublin for Bloomsday.

16. What color is your bathroom? I'm not sure. It's covered in Amber's clothes.

17. Favorite brand of clothing? I'm a perpetual K-Mart kid. I never really notice brands.

18. Where would you like to retire? Either Gatlinburg, TN, or back home in Biloxi.

19. Favorite time of day? Right around 8:30 in the morning when I've still got the whole day in front of me. It's kind of a daily metaphor for childhood.

20. Where were you born? Biloxi, MS, on the Golden Gulf Coast

21. Favorite sport to watch? Boxing.

22. Who do you least expect to send this back to you? I'm not sending it, I'm posting it. So it doesn't matter.

23. Person you expect to send it back first? Again, it doesn't matter.

24. What fabric detergent do you use? I use Gain, because it's not as popular as Tide or Clorox. I feel sorry for it - poor little outcast detergent.

25. Coke or Pepsi? I couldn't even tell you the last time I drank a Pepsi.

26. Are you a morning person or night owl? A little of both these days, but more of a morning person.

27. What is your shoe size? 12...and you know what they say about guys with big feet.

28. Do you have pets? Well, there's been a chubby black dog taking up space on my parents' living room floor for about 10 years now, so I guess that's a yes.

29. News you'd like to share with your family and friends? Only that I'm very happy with everything I'm doing right now, and I hope and pray that all of you are happy as well.

30. What did you want to be when you were little? I've never wanted to be anything but a writer/filmmaker.

31. Favorite Candy Bar? Anything Reese's.

32. What is your best childhood memory? One weekend when I was little I helped my grandfather (Pop) clean out his shed - it was a long and tedious, all-day affair. The following weekend I was at his house once again and he said to me, "Come see, J. I've got something to show you." Then he sort of dramatically opened the door of the shed and flipped on the light. Much to my dismay, it was in ruins once again. "But we worked so hard to clean it up!" I said. Pop just laughed and said he couldn't help himself. That was the day I learned that there's no sense in taking life too seriously. Just make your messes and have a good time doing it.

33. What are the different jobs you have had in your life? Oh boy, here we go. This is everything I've ever collected a paycheck for. I've been: a bus-boy, a dishwasher, a mall Santa, a receptionist, a warehouse worker for the Kare Center, a movie theater attendant, a waiter, a buffet server, a cigar salesman, a Domino's delivery guy, a stock boy at K-Mart (3 days, holiday work), a gas station attendant (for 8 hours), a museum worker, a video store clerk, a radio morning show host, a line assistant at the Johnson Commons Sunday Buffet, a typist, a dock worker (for 8 days), a Disney Store cast member, a freelance writer, and now a paralegal's assistant. People from blue-collar towns don't have hobbies, we have jobs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home